In Case Santa Reads Blogs
I'm much bigger on giving gifts than receiving them -- unless I am buying the gift for myself, that is. So I don't have huge expectations this Christmas and will probably get a bigger kick out of watching my kids and husband open their presents than I will out of opening my own gifts. But with that said, there are a few things I'd love to get as a busy communications person.
So, Big Man, if you're listening, all I really want for Christmas is:
- No travel delays during 2008
- Direct flights everywhere I need to go next year
- Occasional upgrades to first class (which are becoming scarcer every year), if an aisle seat or the emergency aisle isn't available. Bonus points for you, S.C., if the seat next to me is unoccupied
- The ability to find any information I need in any of my files dating back through my 21+ years at the agency with a simple plain English command
- Jacoby Ellsbury still in a Red Sox uniform come opening day. (We'd love to have Santana, but we don't want to give up this great kid.)
It's not a big list, right, Santa? See what you can do for me. And thanks again for that Thumbellina doll when I was 8 years old.